Bright ideas we gathered from your comments.
1. Walmart.com is worth keeping an eye on. I Love Upstate pointed out that the company “tends to ‘try out’ new products on their website, if it does well sales-wise, it’ll start to show up in region-appropriate (read: higher income, metropolitan suburb) shops in a few months.”
See some amazingly cue baby furniture at Wal-Mart here
2. When your landlord gets in the way of your decorating sensibilities, try food bribes. Regarding Cori’s ugly paneled doorway, Lazy Smurf suggests “making a batch of cookies for the owners and see if you can talk them into taking that down.”
See more suggestions on rental decor here.
3. To stop mozzerella from clumping in your pasta dishes, Malea offers a simple Cook’s Illustrated tip: “Refrigerate the chopped mozzarella before adding it to the bowl.”
See a yummy summer pasta recipe here.
4. If you’re into TV-sets, Stephy says to check out artist Mark Bennett. “He had an huge exhibit of blueprints of many sets from tv shows of the 60s and 70s. I saw it at the Corcoran in Washington, DC. I think he even published a book of the drawings.”
See more about TV set decor — and tell us your favorite — here.
5. And for these last few hot weeks of summer, try a Mexican frozen treat. Mamacita suggests Helados Mexico. I am partial to the Rum Raisin, myself.”
Read more about frozen snacks here.