1) A surprisingly high number of you don’t have microwaves, but all of you have opinions about them. Laura says: “We havenâ€™t had one for almost 10 years for a number of reasons. 1) food doesnâ€™t taste as good and nothing gets crunchy (we use a small toaster oven to do small reheats) 2) it would make us lazy when cooking in the kitchen 3) donâ€™t totally trust that theyâ€™re okay. I figure we get enough of the unknown from our cell phones.” What do you think?
2) Removing a price sticker isn’t just good for aesthetics; it’s good for family harmony. Julie says: “Here in MI, it is law that items have to have the price labeled – so so annoying. Especially before my parents come to visit and Iâ€™m in the fridge peeling off prices so my Dad wonâ€™t say ‘youâ€™re paying THIS much for organic milk!!'” See the easy way to remove them here.
3) Sometimes we like cauliflower best when it’s barely there. Tracey says: “I added cauliflower to a chicken/rice/broccoli bake I made last night, and you are right, add enough cheese and other goodies, and the cauliflower fades away!” Read about making your own mac n cheese n cauliflower.
4) Our parents sometimes have the coolest stuff. Tiffany S says: “My mother has ‘Museum’ spelled out in butterflies under glass, but I think itâ€™s falling apart. So sad. Where would you find a butterfly restorer?” Any suggestions for Tiffany? See the beautiful butterfly cabinet here.
5) The love for living walls is growing. DJ Says: “Iâ€™ve admired this idea since I first heard of it a few years agoâ€¦ Iâ€™d love to have living ‘paintings’ in my homeâ€¦ a wonderful alternative to pots full of houseplants cluttering up the horizontal surfaces.” See Erica’s roundup of living walls here.