1) Some of you are behind…on your Christmas shopping. Tiffany S. says: “We got our dining room fixture at Ylighting, and we still get compliments even though IKEA now has a similar shade. Iâ€™ll have to check out the Wax Works! Iâ€˜m so behind on my holiday shopping! Thanks for the links!” See all the sales here — you need to get shopping post-haste! (Tiffany, we’re just jealous.)
2) There are yeas and nays on pet insurance. Kelly is on the “yea” side. She says: “Having worked at an emergency animal hospital for 4 years, I can say if you have a pet you should either contribute to a savings account every month or have pet insurance. …I donâ€™t mean to scare people but I canâ€™t tell you how many times I have seen an owner come in and have to decide whether they can pay to save their pet or not. And not even hugely large bills. We are talking $600.” Others have weighed in that they had, and then canceled, pet insurance. Read all opinions here.
3) The right salsa can encourage visitors. Bean says of Katie’s summertime salsa: “oh man is this at your house right now? can i come over??” Learn to make your own here.
4) You also appreciate Allee Willis’ quirky style. lsaspacey says: “I still have magazine clippings from the 1980s on an apartment that Allee Willis had then. The stories are a couple of years apart so you can see a slight transition. Maybe Iâ€™ll scan them in and write about them one day soon.” Click here for the link to the LA Times article.
5) With all the solutions out there, it’s a wonder we ever got fruit flies. Lu says: “Needing to get rid of the swarm in our kitchen (really like a swarm), I dug out some leftover fly paper from last year â€“ they donâ€™t like that! But, I dipped a Q-tip in the Garlic Red Wine Vinegar and tucked it into the spirals â€“ and woohoo they loved it! I didnâ€™t know about the drain/breeding issue and am off to treat that now. Thanks!” See the wealth of fruit fly fixes here.