1) We even like to save food we don’t like. Cat Sitter in the City says of the digital day counters: “Now this is a great idea. I wish I had had one last night when I pulled some marinara sauce out of the fridge and couldnâ€™t remember exactly how long it was in thereâ€¦ I hate it anyway.”
2) As of this writing, a little over 70% of our readers eat some kind of meat. The poll’s not scientific, but the results and comments are interesting. Chookooloonks says: “Iâ€™ve gone back and forth from being a full-on meat-eater to eating-only-seafood for years, until last year when I gave up eating meat entirely…. I just figured that Iâ€™m lucky enough to live in a part of the world where food is abundant, and I can stay healthy without something having to die for me to do so.” See more food for thought here.
3) Erica needs to post a pot rack how-to. Riye says: “That looks awesome Erica!! Please do post some instructions and more pics. The idea of using shower hooks is inspired. :-)” See the pot rack here — we’ll ask Erica to share more soon!
4) Cool knob sources abound. Leslie says: Try Lee Valley Tools! TONS of choice, and some pretty neat stuff all â€™round. Their knobs are at http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&cat=3&p=46742 and their main site is http://www.leevalley.com.” Click for more places to find cute knobs.
5) Those tin can lids need to be produced pronto. We think they’re still a prototype, but Valentina summed up reader opinion of the tin can lids: “LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!” Here’s hoping they get produced soon!
Photo by porah