1) Itâ€™s the perfect time of year for cranberry apple slow cooker cider. Katie D. replicated a cider recipe sampled on an apple-picking sojourn, and youâ€™ve got the apples and the mind to give it a go. Megan B. says: â€œIâ€™m planning on making my own fresh cider tomorrow â€” 10 + lbs of homegrown apples from a kind benefactor! Iâ€™ll have to freeze some of my bounty and use this recipe!â€
2) Telegrams are making a comeback. CasaSugar tipped us off to a way to send vintage-style telegrams, and weâ€™re ready to shake up our snail mail. Cathy says: â€œLove and bookmarked! Such a fun idea.â€
3) We have some fans of Cornish ware. Sarah L.â€™s post on Irish Colcannon from Tylerâ€™s Ultimate garnered her praise for her taste in both the food and the dishware in her photo. Pencils says: â€œI love Cornish ware too, my sister has a collection at her vacation house. I love the glaze on the regular dishes, it has such a great hand feel to it, if that makes any sense. And the color is just amazing.â€
4) You’re divided when it comes to shoe rules. When Sarah C. asked about your shoe strategy, she was drawing a clear line in the sand! Some of you back strict â€œshoes-offâ€ policies at home, while others hate them. DJ says: â€œI hate removing my shoes in other peopleâ€™s homes. Just hate it. The worst was when we went to a holiday party one year in a home with unheated concrete floors. I thought my feet were going to get frostbite just sliding around in nylons. I was so uncomfortably cold that I left early. I mean come on. The floors were made of concrete! They could handle the shoesâ€. Meanwhile, on team barefoot, Jennifer says: â€œI much prefer to be barefoot, so I kick mine off as soon as I get inside the house- my home or anyone elseâ€™s. â€¨I had the opposite experience of DJ. It never occurred to me that some might find that rude until once I offended someone by taking my shoes off!â€ Where do you stand?
5) A good vintage alarm clock is hard to find. Megan B. kicked off her seplace for one with her handy roundup of finds. After mentioning her lust for L.L. Beanâ€™s Big Ben Moonbeam clock, she received some helpful feedback: you arenâ€™t fans! Petra says: â€œI own the Big Ben clock, and itâ€™s pretty much just for show. The alarm seems to work only 50% of the time. Iâ€™ve read other numerous complaints about this clock. Too bad, because it looks great!â€