This Friday, December 7th marks the 50th Anniversary of Crate & Barrel, and while we don’t need any reason to swoon over their holiday catalog, they have given us a great reason to do our shopping there tomorrow. All day, the company is donating $5 from each purchase to a great charity, rebuildingtogether.org. We learned about their efforts following the post-Sandy devastation of the east coast, and are very inspired by their rebuilding campaigns. Everyone should visit the org’s site and consider making a one time holiday donation. In the meantime, if you’ve been eying any Crate & Barrel goodies, tomorrow’s the day to bite the bullet and buy! Here’s what’s on our shopping list:
1. Reindeer Tea Light Holders (in stores only), $25 each. Hand crafted in Africa, they are double-plus good. Purchasing one of these festive guys also helps create and support jobs for African women.
2. Eva Zeisel Classic Century Sauce Boat, $48. Your holiday dinner gravy will never look more beautiful than when presented in this classic serving bowl.
3. Molcajete pestle and mortar, $30. Great for hand-grinding spices and pastes, this is a kitchen gem you’ll use over and over every summer. Trust us.
4. 5-piece Beer Sampler Set, $30. Instantly turn any dinner into a beer tasting treat with this handy set. Pour a different ale or stout into each numbered glass, and have your guest take note of his favorite.
5. Bodega Bird Chalet, $70. Rustic and modern at the same time, this little birdie bodega is extra appealing.