Monday, the weekâ€™s cruelest mistress, is back again, (ugh) but fear not, dear readers, I come bearing todayâ€™s mental solace in the form of an Etsy find of epic proportions. Iâ€™m pleased to introduce Lisa Krowinski of shopsaplingpress and her ingenious line of cackle-inducing letterpress cards. In partnership with Jared Wunsch of DearBlankPleaseBlank.com, sheâ€™s reprinted some of the best submissions from the site to hilarious effect. Some favorites are shown above, and more will be added, so stop on over and write your own letter to life for your chance at 15 seconds of fame on the finest of paper stocks. â€“ Sarah C.
1) We love a good diy carpet coaster. Rebecca F. got her creative fix from Flor with her simple, inspired coasters. And they last! Hypothetical Woman says: â€œOooh, good idea! And easy to replace when they get yucky, too! But donâ€™t they fray at all?â€ Nope! Get the look here.
2) Everyone is looking for a pop of color and an accurate read on the weather. Our solution? A bright thermometer. Greta says: â€œI adore these so much. The colors, the style and the price make them irresistible. I want one for the front of my house, the back and in my kitchen. Do you think thatâ€™s too much?â€
3) The Allstate app is a digital way to catalog keepsakes. Sarah L. shared her most recent download to rave reviews. Ellie says: â€œGreat find, just downloaded. And I love your pencil holder.â€
4) You like the look of a bar and youâ€™re happy to make one happen creatively. Bar carts are having a moment. Jesselyn says: â€œWhen I moved into my current apartment 2 years ago, I made myself one of these (though itâ€™s less mobile) by simply buying one of those old LP media cases with the glass front doors. A few under-shelf wine glass holders laters, voila! â€“ and really, it would function great as a bar even without those.â€
5) A good pillow is hard to find, but we haveÂ resources. Sarah L. swears by Target. Kimberj says: â€œI found my best pillows ever, both latex and down, at Pennyâ€™s Outlet store. The regular store doesnâ€™t have the same stock so Iâ€™ve only ever found them at the outlet, which is closing in a couple months. Iâ€™ll have to try Target, I love a great deal on a great product!â€ Where do you get your bed pillows?
photo by Kletia Garies
NOTCOT has us yearning for a set of these beautiful (and dishwasher safe!!)wooden plates by Moneral.
A modern grand piano deluxe: the WHALETONE piano by Robert Majkut, at Yatzer.
Renters, say goodbye to your bare white walls! CasaSugar has four great decorating ideas that will still get you back your security deposit, like using electrical tape as wall stripes.
Brush up on your coupon-clipping skills with this post at Curbly: how to become an extreme couponer.
Treehugger presents an interesting idea :learning energy efficiency from Medieval houses. Are smaller windows (and less of them) really in our future?
Gardening gadgets for thumbs green and black, at Design*Sponge.
Your child’s art may already be suitable for framing, but The Great Remember makes it official. They arrange for a photographer to shoot your child’s work, then the company will turn it into a surprisingly attractive mosaic. Of course, it’s not free: mosaics start at around $150 and go up to $380, with the option of having the final work printed on canvas for an additional fee. For even more nostalgia, send in special or outgrown clothes and The Great Remember will turn them into an appliqued piece (starting at $200). There’s also a selection of Mother’s Day gifts. And if you place an order now through 4/25, you can use coupon code MD15 to save 15%.
I can’t do down filling so over the years, I’ve tried bed pillows from most of the major stores, all with limited success. Then, in a fit of frustration and with a sore neck from a firm pillow that quickly deflated to flat, I snagged a Target bed pillow. Extra firm. $9.99. And miracles of all miracles, made in the U.S.A. First night? Great. Second? Third? Third month? Still great. So I tried replacing the flat pillow loversâ€™ pillows next. Different tag, same result. $9.99 worth of perfection. So until, heaven forbid, they discontinue or muck them up, Iâ€™m sold. But enough about my pillow love. What’s yours? â€” Sarah L.