You have until 5 p.m. EST today to enter the contest — get all the details here!
Head over to YLighting.com between now and December 31, and you can register to win a Raimond Suspension Light by Moooi. The Raimond was designed by a math professor, and it was a hit in Milan last April at i Saloni. Not only is it a Ylighting exclusive, you’ll no doubt be the first among anyone you know to have one. (You may have to wrestle us for it.) Enter here.
1) We even like to save food we don’t like. Cat Sitter in the City says of the digital day counters: “Now this is a great idea. I wish I had had one last night when I pulled some marinara sauce out of the fridge and couldnâ€™t remember exactly how long it was in thereâ€¦ I hate it anyway.”
2) As of this writing, a little over 70% of our readers eat some kind of meat. The poll’s not scientific, but the results and comments are interesting. Chookooloonks says: “Iâ€™ve gone back and forth from being a full-on meat-eater to eating-only-seafood for years, until last year when I gave up eating meat entirely…. I just figured that Iâ€™m lucky enough to live in a part of the world where food is abundant, and I can stay healthy without something having to die for me to do so.” See more food for thought here.
3) Erica needs to post a pot rack how-to. Riye says: “That looks awesome Erica!! Please do post some instructions and more pics. The idea of using shower hooks is inspired. :-)” See the pot rack here — we’ll ask Erica to share more soon!
4) Cool knob sources abound. Leslie says: Try Lee Valley Tools! TONS of choice, and some pretty neat stuff all â€™round. Their knobs are at http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&cat=3&p=46742 and their main site is http://www.leevalley.com.” Click for more places to find cute knobs.
5) Those tin can lids need to be produced pronto. We think they’re still a prototype, but Valentina summed up reader opinion of the tin can lids: “LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!” Here’s hoping they get produced soon!
Photo by porah
The Little House in the City confesses: “I paid $200 for a stump.”
Black Friday, Cyber Monday — tired of the holiday gimmicks? Jezebel is too.
ZOMG, IKEA iPhone app! At swissmiss.
This might come as a relief: AT on living happily with less.
Pretty much the coolest tape dispenser ever at 2Modern.
Homemade ginger-ale at 30 Bucks a Week — looks great!
If you’ve never had quilt envy, you probably will after seeing these baby quilts at Simple Things.
And just ’cause we love ‘em: fake and fabulous holiday trees at Casa Sugar.
A recent story about scientists growing meat in a lab made me shudder (if you’ve read Oryx and Crake, you know why). I was a vegetarian for almost a decade, but I went back to being a meat eater quite a few years ago. Recent books like Eating Animals and The Omnivore’s Dilemma have been making me think about it again. So I’m curious about our readers and their habits — where are you on the meat-eating spectrum? Take the poll, and then tell us more in comments about what you eat and why. — Mary T.
Photo by Michal Zacharzewski