NOTCOT has us yearning for a set of these beautiful (and dishwasher safe!!)wooden plates by Moneral.
A modern grand piano deluxe: the WHALETONE piano by Robert Majkut, at Yatzer.
Renters, say goodbye to your bare white walls! CasaSugar has four great decorating ideas that will still get you back your security deposit, like using electrical tape as wall stripes.
Brush up on your coupon-clipping skills with this post at Curbly: how to become an extreme couponer.
Treehugger presents an interesting idea :learning energy efficiency from Medieval houses. Are smaller windows (and less of them) really in our future?
Gardening gadgets for thumbs green and black, at Design*Sponge.
1) The keys to snagging that next McCoy vase? Get to the flea market early and learn to spot a fake. Js says: â€œBe warned, there are A LOT of fakes out there. Read up on how to spot a fake, because the real McCoy doesnâ€™t always say â€œMcCoyâ€, and some that do arenâ€™t.â€
2) Itâ€™s time to invent a square lip balm. The round tubes keep falling off our night tables. Susan says: â€œI just had to tell you all I laughed out loud about the lip balm rolling off the nightstand. Happens all the time to meâ€¦does anyone make a square tube?â€ Whatâ€™s on your bedside table?
3) Beautiful tile adds a personalized touch to any renovation, and Motawi Tile has our number. Hypothetical Woman says: â€œBeautiful tile â€“ I looked all through the Motawi store and unfortunately couldnâ€™t find that one. Pity, it would look lovely in my new bathroom makeover! This is the first time I have an opportunity to do over a bathroom of my own and Iâ€™d love to get at least one handmade tile to properly print my personality onto it.â€
4) Adding some minor embellishments to your morning coffee can make the day even better. Once again, chocolate is a universal cure. Linda says: â€œI (sometimes) add a teaspoon of cocoa to the cup before pouring my morning coffee. Mmmmm.â€ How do you improve your morning coffee?
5) The Rub Away Bar banishes smells, but any stainless steel object will do. Tracylee says: â€œAccording to my grandmother, all you really need to do is rub your hands on the sink faucet â€“ works like a charm! (that may have been a Heloise hint, now that I think about it, Iâ€™m not sure where she picked it up years and years ago).â€
It’s like Saarinen meets Alien: the E-lastic table by Timothy Schrieber, at Contemporist.
Coolest Easter eggs ever! Find out how to DIY your own Mondrian inspired Easter eggs at Curbly.
One of our favorite bloggers has hit the big time — er, kinda. Pam from RetroRenovation had her highly-informative video about her bathroom remodel featured at Urlesque, and apparently, they think it’s the funniest thing they’ve ever seen!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That’s right… National Grilled Cheese Month! If you need a little help in the creativity department, let the helpful tutorials and recipes at The Grilled Cheese Academy guide you through the next few weeks like Yoda training Luke in the ways of the Jedi.
Velocity Art and Design is offering 15% off Roost products through 4/30, and free shipping with orders of $50 or more. We want one (or a few) of these recycled glass bubble terrariums (pictured above).
Wow. Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams are offering a too-good-to-be-true 20% off custom orders, until 5/8, so get in your orders soon, like a pimped-out custom Liam sofa. Wouldn’t it be delicious in velvet?
Jonathan Adler is offering deep discounts on selected patterns and colors from the Positano pillow collection, regularly priced from $68 to $125 , now on sale from $34 to $98.
Score a sweet deal on housewares from Alessi at UnicaHome’s massive clearance.
1) Creamy vegetable pasta dishes always have fans. Megan B. shared this one from one of her favorite cookbooks and it is no exception. Mary-Grace says: â€œMmmmmm that sounds really good. And ditto ellobie â€¦ pasta + mushrooms + cream = I will probably love it.â€ Commenter Jake C. substituted bacon and Greek yogurt for his pregnant wife with great results!
2) Spotless bedrooms are an elusive dream for many of us, but we do feel great on those good days! Jilliana says: â€œMy bedroom looks like a bit of a war zone lately, mostly due to laundry I can never seem to get from the dryer to my closet. I almost never â€œmake my bedâ€ per say, but I do make a point of straightening out my tangle of blankets every day, if only so I can slip more easily into bed. Even that little bit of effort seems to make a difference in how I view my bedroom.â€ Do you reap the benefits of a clean bedroom?
3) Our dessert dream has become a reality thanks to Bake It in a Cake. Think of your favorite desert. Now put it in a cupcake. Yes, weâ€™re obsessed too. Anna says: â€œThat looks terrific-ly delicious and absurd all at once. Fantastic! I may just have to try them at home.â€
4) Our readers have impeccable tasteâ€¦buds. Give Shelterrific readers a whiff of a bake-off and theyâ€™ll counter tenfold with incredible recipes. Mark Bittmanâ€™s brownies. Martha Stewartâ€™s chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies. Mini cupcakes made with marscapone cheese? Check out the comments for more ideas than you could bake in a week!
5) Denture cleaner removes stains from antique linens. Itâ€™s not just for dentures anymore! Alyson says: â€œI have a vintage doily that is in desperate need of cleaning, so I will definitely try this!â€
Image courtesy of Kletia Garies