1) We love a good diy carpet coaster. Rebecca F. got her creative fix from Flor with her simple, inspired coasters. And they last! Hypothetical Woman says: â€œOooh, good idea! And easy to replace when they get yucky, too! But donâ€™t they fray at all?â€ Nope! Get the look here.
2) Everyone is looking for a pop of color and an accurate read on the weather. Our solution? A bright thermometer. Greta says: â€œI adore these so much. The colors, the style and the price make them irresistible. I want one for the front of my house, the back and in my kitchen. Do you think thatâ€™s too much?â€
3) The Allstate app is a digital way to catalog keepsakes. Sarah L. shared her most recent download to rave reviews. Ellie says: â€œGreat find, just downloaded. And I love your pencil holder.â€
4) You like the look of a bar and youâ€™re happy to make one happen creatively. Bar carts are having a moment. Jesselyn says: â€œWhen I moved into my current apartment 2 years ago, I made myself one of these (though itâ€™s less mobile) by simply buying one of those old LP media cases with the glass front doors. A few under-shelf wine glass holders laters, voila! â€“ and really, it would function great as a bar even without those.â€
5) A good pillow is hard to find, but we haveÂ resources. Sarah L. swears by Target. Kimberj says: â€œI found my best pillows ever, both latex and down, at Pennyâ€™s Outlet store. The regular store doesnâ€™t have the same stock so Iâ€™ve only ever found them at the outlet, which is closing in a couple months. Iâ€™ll have to try Target, I love a great deal on a great product!â€ Where do you get your bed pillows?
photo by Kletia Garies
NOTCOT has us yearning for a set of these beautiful (and dishwasher safe!!)wooden plates by Moneral.
A modern grand piano deluxe: the WHALETONE piano by Robert Majkut, at Yatzer.
Renters, say goodbye to your bare white walls! CasaSugar has four great decorating ideas that will still get you back your security deposit, like using electrical tape as wall stripes.
Brush up on your coupon-clipping skills with this post at Curbly: how to become an extreme couponer.
Treehugger presents an interesting idea :learning energy efficiency from Medieval houses. Are smaller windows (and less of them) really in our future?
Gardening gadgets for thumbs green and black, at Design*Sponge.
1) The keys to snagging that next McCoy vase? Get to the flea market early and learn to spot a fake. Js says: â€œBe warned, there are A LOT of fakes out there. Read up on how to spot a fake, because the real McCoy doesnâ€™t always say â€œMcCoyâ€, and some that do arenâ€™t.â€
2) Itâ€™s time to invent a square lip balm. The round tubes keep falling off our night tables. Susan says: â€œI just had to tell you all I laughed out loud about the lip balm rolling off the nightstand. Happens all the time to meâ€¦does anyone make a square tube?â€ Whatâ€™s on your bedside table?
3) Beautiful tile adds a personalized touch to any renovation, and Motawi Tile has our number. Hypothetical Woman says: â€œBeautiful tile â€“ I looked all through the Motawi store and unfortunately couldnâ€™t find that one. Pity, it would look lovely in my new bathroom makeover! This is the first time I have an opportunity to do over a bathroom of my own and Iâ€™d love to get at least one handmade tile to properly print my personality onto it.â€
4) Adding some minor embellishments to your morning coffee can make the day even better. Once again, chocolate is a universal cure. Linda says: â€œI (sometimes) add a teaspoon of cocoa to the cup before pouring my morning coffee. Mmmmm.â€ How do you improve your morning coffee?
5) The Rub Away Bar banishes smells, but any stainless steel object will do. Tracylee says: â€œAccording to my grandmother, all you really need to do is rub your hands on the sink faucet â€“ works like a charm! (that may have been a Heloise hint, now that I think about it, Iâ€™m not sure where she picked it up years and years ago).â€
It’s like Saarinen meets Alien: the E-lastic table by Timothy Schrieber, at Contemporist.
Coolest Easter eggs ever! Find out how to DIY your own Mondrian inspired Easter eggs at Curbly.
One of our favorite bloggers has hit the big time — er, kinda. Pam from RetroRenovation had her highly-informative video about her bathroom remodel featured at Urlesque, and apparently, they think it’s the funniest thing they’ve ever seen!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That’s right… National Grilled Cheese Month! If you need a little help in the creativity department, let the helpful tutorials and recipes at The Grilled Cheese Academy guide you through the next few weeks like Yoda training Luke in the ways of the Jedi.
Velocity Art and Design is offering 15% off Roost products through 4/30, and free shipping with orders of $50 or more. We want one (or a few) of these recycled glass bubble terrariums (pictured above).
Wow. Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams are offering a too-good-to-be-true 20% off custom orders, until 5/8, so get in your orders soon, like a pimped-out custom Liam sofa. Wouldn’t it be delicious in velvet?
Jonathan Adler is offering deep discounts on selected patterns and colors from the Positano pillow collection, regularly priced from $68 to $125 , now on sale from $34 to $98.
Score a sweet deal on housewares from Alessi at UnicaHome’s massive clearance.